How to Survive Winter if You Absolutely Hate It?
Now I want to make a confession: I have always hated winter. I detest when the cold makes my teeth chatter. I also hate when my bones hurt, and my face freezes every time I go outside. On the other hand, feeling depressed because of the start of the coldest season is not the best way out. So, I decided to develop the guide that will help everyone to find their own winter pleasures. Search for benefits of winter by taking part in activities offered below.
5 ways to not hate winter
- Buy warm clothes and shoes. Believe me, it really matters what you wear in winter. Before realizing this simple truth, I have never thought that wearing high-quality winter clothes will prevent my body from shaking in the cold. Now I know that warm clothes in winter are really a worth investment.
- Find time for your favorite winter activity. This season is the best time for the hobby you enjoy the most. For example, I like ice-skating. So, I decided to practice my hobby together with my daughter every weekend. You may also find a hobby that can be done only in winter and bring some joy to your most hated season of the year.
- Buy a cookbook and practice new recipes. It is a terrible idea to spend long hours cooking on a hot summer day, but it is perfect to try new recipes in winter when the heat from the oven makes the kitchen warm and filled with delicious smells. Another benefit is that you will have some leftovers for breakfast the next day.
- Buy several seasonal luxuries. For instance, I associate winter with woolen scarfs and fingerless gloves. They are my winter luxuries that add the sunshine to gloomy and cold days.
- Spend time with people who like winter. Let those who enjoy this season share their emotions with you. Spend some time with friends and relatives who love winter cold and take part in their favorite seasonal activities, like skiing, playing snowballs, ice fishing, building a snowman, etc.
Now you know how to deal with winter boredom using different fun activities. Maybe after trying all joys of winter you will even start loving this season of the year.