Money Saving Tips
October 24, 2016
Undoubtedly, it is complicated to spare money, and frequently, you see no ways to spend less. However, if you slightly modify your lifestyle, you will obtain a chunk of change on a regular basis. So, encounter the following cost-cutting strategies.
- Give up a car or purchase a used one. Annually, people spend around $9,000 to maintain an average sedan. Therefore, if you live in a town with a developed commuting system, you will spare money, by biking or using public means of transport. In case a car is a necessity, consider purchasing a used one.
- Remain on the family cell phone plan. If you use the family plan, it does not imply that your parents will continue mollycoddling you. It means that you are smart with money and have an opportunity to save from $15 to $20 each month.
- Share subscriptions for other services. Family cell phone plan is not the only thing where you can economize. For instance, due to a common account, which is, undoubtedly, less costly, multiple users have an opportunity to use the services of Netflix and Spotify. Additionally, an Amazon Prime allows two adults to share the same household.
- Keep fit free of charge. If you want to cut down on your expenses, consider replacing the gym membership with working out at home, by listening to yoga programs or watching YouTube videos. Apart from exercising at home, you can run or bike in the park.
- Develop a meal plan for a week. Due to a hectic lifestyle, you do not take notice of unnecessary expenses, including a bought snack or lunch. Shopping without a plan turns into purchasing things that you do not require. Therefore, by making a list of needed products, you will both save money and maintain a healthy diet.
- Shop online. It is a brilliant idea to buy in during the sales period. For instance, if you are willing to purchase some kitchen appliances, Memorial Day is an ideal time for that while Black Friday is convenient for buying technological devices. Additionally, you can search for promo codes to take advantage of your purchase.
- Prefer second-hand. Nowadays, there are myriads of second-hand and thrift stores, encompassing garage sales, where you can purchase carefully used furniture or other items for a low price. It is unwise to buy new expensive furniture, which you will be supposed to schlep with you in case of moving anywhere else.
- Get used to the library. During the carefree years of your childhood, the library, containing plenty of magical books, revealed you the mysteries of the world. At present, it can spare your cash. Instead of buying costly hardcovers, borrow them in the library.
- Stay on the health insurance with your parents. By remaining on your parents’ plan, you obtain a lower health insurance premium until you reach 26 years.
- Postpone getting a pet. Although pets bring joy and pleasure, it is quite expensive to maintain them. Instead, consider volunteering at a local animal shelter.