Inspiring Quotes About Writing
Writing is magic whispered by the Muses into the author’s heart. Writing is the form of art born inside a creative mind. However, before singing dithyrambs to the grandeur of writing, let’s face the truth – writing is one of the most intricate and frustrating activities people may choose. It may seem to be unrewarding at the start because you try to create something meaningful day by day, desperately burn the midnight oil, and continuously discard your drafts. The moment you decide to give up, read the following inspirational quotes, which reflect the thoughts of genuine knights of the pen. Even famous authors went through doubts and writer’s block, but they managed to produce masterpieces.
- Get to Work
It’s irrational to keep on staring at the blank page, searching for those wondrous ideas in your head. Even if you are the next “Aldous Huxley,” your first draft will never conquer the world. Anyway, in order to have this primary version of your work, you should overcome your qualms and get started. At the beginning, your writing may resemble an incoherent flow of consciousness. But, who knows, you could unintentionally generate a new writing style.
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” (Twain)
- “If you want to write, just write anything that comes into your mind. You will be surprised at how you can force inspiration to stand on your side.” (Habyarimana)
- “The first draft is just you telling yourself the story.” (Pratchett)
- “The beginning is always NOW.” (Bennett)
- Find the Right Words
Even if you intend to create a fantastic piece rich in stylistic devices, it’s crucial to select the right words. Surfing various idioms and phrasal verbs in the dictionaries is helpful, but if you concentrate on searching, it may hinder your own thinking. This way, it’s better to delve into your own vocabulary and release all your linguistic knowledge. Your natural talent will make the ideas flow.
- “I enjoy finding the right word and giving each its full measure, its full space in a sentence.” (Margolyes)
- “The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.” (Twain)
- “Fill your pages with details. Work hard to get the right word.” (Littell)
- “For your born writer, nothing is so healing as the realization that he has come upon the right word.” (Drinker Bowen)
- Capture Inspiration
Writing inspiration is like a bird of paradise – you don’t observe it every day but it does exist. Whenever you feel the surge of inspiration, try to keep it as long as possible. If diving into fantasies helps you to form brilliant ideas, then it’s good to imagine that ancient Muses dance around you. Remember the names of goddesses related to literary arts (it would be great if you use them as characters of your story): Melpomene, Thalia, Calliope, Erato, and Euterpe.
- “Creativity bleeds from the pen of inspiration.” (Suarez)
- “Inspiration is a guest that does not willingly visit the lazy.” (Tchaikovsky)
- “Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.” (Adams)
- “Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart.” (Wordsworth)
- Cherish Your Writing Life
If you’re sure that being a writer is your vocation, then relish this destiny. Gifted wordsmiths are unique people who provide our world with literary gems. Books of such authors as Ray Bradbury and Isaac Asimov even predicted the future. These quotes will help you to devotedly follow the writer’s path.
- “Writing starts with living.” (Barkat)
- “We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.” (Hemingway)
- “Write like you’ll live forever – fear is a bad editor.” (Dakron)
- “I write for the same reason I breathe – because if I didn’t, I would die.” (Asimov)
- “You fail only if you stop writing.” (Bradbury)
In the process of writing, imagine that you are creating a marble statue or any other piece of art. It will help you to realize the significance of your work.