Best Tips for Studying: Choosing the Right Time
Is it more efficient to study during the day or at night? While debates around this question keep raging on, both options have their own strong sides and disadvantages. Nevertheless, each side has dedicated believers who are ready to convince anyone that their point of view is the only correct one. While people may argue about this, from the point of view of science, there is no unified solution, because every individual is different. Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of studying during the day and at night.
Best Time to Study
Benefits of Daytime Studies
- If you have slept eight hours at night, you will have more willingness and energy to study as well as to concentrate on other actions.
- Most people are used to sleeping during the night. It makes it impossible to visit libraries and bookshops during the nighttime.
- You cannot ask your friend or teacher for advice when you have any concerns about the subject of your studies if it is 2 AM.
- Artificial light is not good for your eyes. It also affects your ordinary sleep rhythm.
Benefits of Nighttime Studies
- You may study in the quiet atmosphere.
- If you live near the library that works till late hours, you will have the privilege of sitting there alone
- There are fewer disturbances at night – most of your pals are sleeping…hopefully.
- Night is good for creative work – great ideas tend to pop up at night.
Study strategies differ for every person, so everyone chooses their style according to their personal preferences. Objectively, there is no best time to study. However, if we talk about objectivity, it should be mentioned that the best time for sleep is from 9 PM till 3 AM, because at that time your body needs the least time to relax. It means that if your choice is studying at night, you will be constantly tired. If you are studying during the nighttime, we recommend you to stick to the following tips:
- Set up a Routine: your body should adapt to your experiments. Pick one time to study and stick to it.
- Rest: there is no way that you can neglect sleeping. If you have no rest, you will go crazy.
- Lighting: work in the room that is properly lit. Do not sit without any light – it is bad for your eyes.
- Time Management: you should make a 5-10 minute break every 50 minutes.
- Water: always keep yourself hydrated.
- Music: induce your creativity by turning on the music that motivates and inspires you. No one will disturb you, and you will get the most of your night-time creativity.
No matter the period of the day you choose to study, always make sure that you are getting enough rest. No one can take care of you better than yourself.